Join us for a series of events, trainings, and activities aimed at promoting mental well-being, building social connections, and increasing sense of belonging on campus! We can't wait to see you there! All events are free and open to all students, faculty, and staff.
All Upcoming Mental Well-Being Awareness Week Events:
We will be having a raffle at every event for giveaways from many local businesses, listed below!
For a printable flyer, click here.
Monday, October 9th
- Wellness Resource Fair: Come to the fair to get some giveaways and talk to many campus departments and local businesses.
- Build Your Own College Thriving Kit: Build a personalized box with specialized items to help you thrive and succeed this semester. Snacks provided!
Tuesday, October 10th
- We Care About You a Latte - Coffee and Hot Chocolate Social, Hosted by the Staff Success Center: Come meet your department's faculty and staff champions and connect with them over coffee and hot chocolate!
- 11am-12pm, Havener St. Pat's A
- Pop the Stigma & Hydration Station: Join us outside the library to participate in a balloon activity to "pop" the stigma surrounding mental health. The hydration station will provide water, lemonade, candy, and information!
- We-Autumn Get-Together - Connection Evening: Join us for a night filled with food, activities, games, crafts, prizes, and more - all aimed at building social connections and a sense of belonging. Activities include making a giant mandala, cookie decorating, pumpkin carving/painting, obstacle courses, lawn games, and more! Dinner provided!
Wednesday, October 11th
- Craft Station: Make crafts at your leisure for a relaxing break in your day. There will be multiple crafts available, such as wooden-pumpkin painting, origami, beads, and Halloween-themed embroidery kits
- National Coming Out Day Table: Stop by the table to learn more about National Coming Out Day and the LGBTQ+ resources available to you at S&T. Come and tell us about your favorite LGBTQ+ focused media or queer role models! Pride flags and pronoun pins will be handed out to the students who participate.
- Creative Arts Workshop: The workshop will consist of making sensory/calm down boxes. Join us if you like to be creative or want to gather new tools to help manage anxiety and stress. Waffles will be provided to participants!
- 3pm-5pm, Havener Missouri Room (207)
- Donut Stress, Reach for Success, Hosted by the Student Success Center: Register for this event to get a donut and learn the skills and resources to help you get through stressful periods of the semester.
Thursday, October 12th
- Mental Health Screening: Take a quick mental health screening with a licensed counselor and learn about the resources available. Free beanies provided to the first 150 participants!
- Mental Well-Being Ambassador Training: This training is open to all students and teaches you the skills to support your own and others' mental health and overall well-being. Dinner provided!
- Fitness Bingo: Visit the Fitness Center anytime during open hours and check in at the front desk to play bingo. Play to get a prize and enter in to win some big fitness swag items! Learn more about the fitness center at studentrec.mst.edu/fitness-center.
- All Day (during Fitness Center hours)
Friday, October 13th
- Dog Days, Hosted by Delta Sig: Come pet cute dogs and play yard games! Need we say more??
- 10am-2pm, Toomey Lawn (in the case of inclement weather, event will be moved to the Miner Oasis, 201 Norwood Hall)
- Family Night, Hosted by Graduate Education: Enjoy a night with your loved ones at this family-friendly game and activity night. Some activities include bingo, a lip-sync battle, cookie/cupcake decorating, crafts, board games, prizes, and more. Dinner provided!
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CAMPUS SPONSORS!
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY COLLABORATORS!