Join us for a series of events, trainings, and activities aimed at promoting mental well-being on campus and giving you the tools and resources you need to support your, and others', mental well-being. All events are free.
All Upcoming Mental Well-Being Awareness Week Events:
We will be having a raffle at every event for giveaways from many local businesses, listed below!
For a screen-reader friendly flyer, click here: Screen Reader Version of Mental Well Being Awareness Week Schedule
Monday, February 13th
- Wellness Resource Fair: Come to the fair to get some giveaways and talk to many campus departments and local businesses.
- Finding Purpose- A Workshop: Hosted by local health and life coach Gaelle Chapon. Waffles will be provided to attendees!
- Speaker- Abraham Sculley: Abraham Sculley is the founder of Speaks 2 Inspire, bestselling author, podcaster, advocate, and speaker on a mission to eradicate mental health stigma. He has collaborated with many organizations to create safe spaces for honest conversations about mental health and illness.
- No tickets required
- 6-7pm, St. Pat's A & B
Tuesday, February 14th
- Launch of the New Staff Champions Initiative: Student Well-Being has partnered with Staff Success Center to engage our university employees to support better the success of our students, staff, and faculty. We are excited to open up this new opportunity for the staff to serve as Champions (Just like our Faculty Champion Program).
- 8:30-10:30am, 208 Norwood
- Pop the Stigma & Hydration Station: Join us outside the library to participate in a balloon activity to "pop" the stigma surrounding mental health. The hydration station will provide drinks and information, along with free water bottles!
- Live Yoga Session: The class will be taught by a YTT 200 Hour certified instructor. The class will be beginner/intermediate level.
- 4:30-5:30pm, Aerobics Room, Rec Center
- Build Your Own Thriving Kit: Build a personalized box with specialized items to help you thrive and succeed this semester, with a focus on items to support your overall well-being.
- 6-8pm, Havener Missouri Ozark Room
Wednesday, February 15th
- Craft Station: Make crafts at your leisure for a relaxing break in your day. We will have pipe cleaners and beads to make animals and flowers (instructions will be provided) and have origami and coloring books!
- Creative Arts Workshop: The workshop will consist of two activities, both of which use a combination of art and Mindfulness concepts. Join us if you like to be creative, have a deep love of glitter, or want to gather new tools to help manage anxiety and stress.
- 3-5pm, Havener Carver Turner
- Well-Being Ambassador Training: This training is open to all students and teaches you the skills to support your own and others' mental health and overall well-being. Dinner provided!
- RSVP required- RSVP here
- 6-8pm, G3 Schrenk Hall
Thursday, February 16th
- Mental Health Screening: Take a quick mental health screening with a licensed counselor and learn about the resources available. Tshirts provided to the first 100 participants!
- Trivia & Game Night: Come for a leisure night of board games, video games, and trivia. Snacks provided!
- 6-8pm, Havener Center, Missouri Ozark Room
- Mining for Success- Vision Board Making: Make your own vision board. All materials will be provided.
- 11am-3pm, Student Success Center (198 Toomey Hall)
Friday, February 17th
- Dog Days: Come pet dogs!
- 10am-2pm, Havener Lawn (in the case of inclement weather, event will be moved to the Miner Oasis, 201 Norwood Hall)
- Family Night: Enjoy a night with your loved ones at this family-friendly game and activity night. One featured activity is decorating cookies. Dinner provided!
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY SPONSORS!
- College of Arts, Sciences, and Education - $2500
- Undergrad Education - $500
- Honors Academy - $500
- Graduate Education - $500
- The S&T Store - Giveaway and merchandise items
- Lee’s Chicken - $125
- Coffeesmiths - $40
- Figo’s Mexican restaurant - $50
- Eclipse Books & Comics - Books
- Chick-fil-A - 10 coupons
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY COLLABORATORS!
Follow Student Well-Being